According to the latest IMDS newsletter, the deactivation of the Rec019 data sheets (originally 1 July 2020) will be postponed. It is expected to be implemented with Release 13.0, which is scheduled for March 10, 2021. The reasons given are the effects of the COVID 19 pandemic and the SCIP reporting requirements for the automotive and electronics industries.
The IMDS Steering Committee, representatives of the ZVEI and the supplier associations (AIAG, CLEPA and JAPIA) continuously discuss how
From 4 July 2020, PFOA (perfluorooctanoic acid), its salts and other compounds related to PFOA are banned under Annex XVII, entry 68 of REACH.
The prohibition applies:
- manufacture, use and placing on the market,
- substances, preparations or articles and
- a concentration ≥ 25 ppb PFOA including its salts or 1,000 ppb of one or a combination of PFOA-related substances.
Here you can find the current EU Commission Regulation (PDF).
imds professional currently offers its trainings as webinars. In the training schedule you will find webinars for
- IMDS (with information on release 12.1 and 12.2),
- REACH (with information on the SCIP database),
- E/E components (with information on the consequences of deactivating Rec019) and
- many other topics.
- 22.5.2020 IMDS Introductory Course (No. 6119) English
- 2.-3. + 10.-11.6.2020 IMDS Basic Course (No. 6127) English
- 25.-26.6.2020 IMDS Advanced Course (No