As a full-service provider, we are at your disposal for undertaking all tasks in the material compliance process and also offer you IMDS data verification as a service.
This ensures the correctness of all supplier data in the IMDS and must be carried out without errors, because the statutory regulations can only be adhered to through flawless data.
Your advantages of IMDS data verification by imds professional:
- We know the IMDS guidelines and recommendations as well as the specific requirements of automobile manufacturers and major automotive suppliers very well. We work with it every day, with a multitude of products and customer companies. With this knowledge and this experience we can carry out a highly reliable and efficient data check for you.
- We assure you that your requirements will be met smoothly and on time. In this way you save valuable time and costs, because you are freed from the time-consuming work in IMDS and can concentrate on your actual tasks.
- You create your MDB much faster and can therefore also meet ambitious customer deadlines.
- We take over the communication with suppliers and customers during the data check (on request) and coordinate with your supplier regarding what has to be performed in order to achieve an acceptance of the material data sheets in case of a necessary rejection.
- When we work for you, you receive first-hand, up-to-date knowledge. This can save you a lot of time and effort compared to your own, often lengthy clarification processes.
We carry out the standard inspection on four levels (we will be more than happy to agree to further inspection criteria with you):
1. Check for completeness
This test ensures that the parts, semi-finished products or materials specified in the material data sheets provided by you and your suppliers are completely available and correctly indicated in terms of weight.
2. Testing according to legal compliance with pure substances
This test is carried out on the basis of Annex II to the End-of-Life Vehicles Directive 2000/53/EC with regard to limited pure substances. This Annex restricts the use and the maximum concentration value of lead, mercury, cadmium and hexavalent chromium in materials for the automotive industry.
3. Testing according to REACH-relevant pure substances
This test is based on the candidate list for REACH stored in the IMDS. Your material data sheet is examined for substances of very high concern (SVHC) as part of the incoming data check.
4. Testing according to IMDS rules and regulations
This check is carried out on the basis of the information provided by you, e.g. parts lists and/or drawings. We check whether the parts, semi-finished products and/or listed materials comply with the current IMDS guidelines.
In connection with your data check, we would also be pleased to take over your supplier management, including dunning. In addition, we offer telephone supplier support for suppliers who need help with the processing of their MDBs.
In case of uncertainty or the possibility of non-compliance, we work closely with our partners VDE and Fraunhofer IWKS. Here you can have a conducted analysis of the materials carried out in the laboratory.
Your contact person will be happy to advise you:
Sales Material Compliance Services
Phone: +49 (0) 6083 / 913032